Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Have Coronary Artery Disease At A Very Young Age
Yes: Our practice has seen patients with coronary artery disease in their 30s. Typically, these patients either have juvenile onset diabetes mellitus or a strong family history of coronary artery disease. They may also have a familial (genetic) family history of elevated cholesterol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Coronary artery disease is the leading cause of death and disability in adults in the U.S. It develops when lipid (fatty) plaques builds up in the arteries. Eventually, the plaque can occlude the artery, thereby stopping blood flow to the organ supplied by that artery. If the artery supplies the heart, blockage causes a heart attack. If the blockage is in a brain vessel, the ...Read more
Meth: Been reported, depending on length of time & amount used. ...Read more
What age is associated to trigger coronary artery disease? I have angina especially in afternoons. BP is 68-112. I scare to have coronary disease.
Yes but uncommon: Although uncommon, it is usually due to a congenital cause (conditions that one is born with). Classic atherosclerotic plaque is unlikely unless the patient has a severe form of family hyperlipidemia, type 1 diabetes, heavy smoker, Cocaine user, etc. Abnormal position of the coronary arteries is a rare but potential lethal cause of a heart attack. ...Read more
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have cataracts at a very young age?
- Is it possible to have blocked arteries at the age of 23?
- Is it possible to get a herniated disk at a young age?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to have a hydrocele operation on both sides at the same time?
- Is it possible to fix a lazy eye at the age of 25?
- Is it possible to have a bowel cancer and a stroke at the same time?
- Is a treadmill test accurate enough to rule out possible coronary artery disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online