Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Have A Hydrocele Operation On Both Sides At The Same Time
Perhaps: Surgeons that perform implantation of penile prostheses vary regarding whether or not they will perform ancillary procedures. Discuss with your provider. ...Read more
I did hydrocele operation , one side , it is now day 11 , and swelling reduced well , can I go back to gym play bodybuilding and lifting heavy weight?
Post OP Norms: Yes. It sure sounds like it. I am sure your surgeon gave you some instructions regarding this. So, if they have anything different than this i would first have you follow their advice. But, as long as your pain free and able to be active without pain then go for it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rest: Hydrocelectomy is usually an outpatient procedure. In general patients should take it easy one week postoperatively. Most do not require pain medications past a day or two. Resting a few days after surgery is wise so that you can get back to your full activities as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Few days to a week.: Recovery from a hydrocele repair is about a week, depending on the initial size of the hydrocele. Sometimes a drain, which looks like a small tube, is placed to aid in evacuation of fluid & is removed after 1-2 days. At home, there can be significant swelling and discomfort initially, but do not worry, the hydrocele is gone and the scrotum will return to normal size. Ice, rest, & pain meds help. ...Read more
Hydrocele surgery: is very safe & associated with minimal risks. Your urologist should certainly go over risks & list them on surgical consent form. Some post-operative pain is normal & treatable with pain meds. V. slight anesthetic risk. Slight risk of bleeding, infection or reaction to suture material. Scrotal swelling. Slight risk of recurrence. Best to be "couch potato" for few days after surgery to help healing ...Read more
Scrotal incision: Surgery best performed under general anesthesia ; as same day surgery procedure so ur discharged home from recovery room (pacu) after operation. Will have scrotal scar which becomes almost invisible with time. Some pain, tenderness ; swelling for couple of weeks post-op. Best to have compression dressing ; underwear to minimise swelling, discomfort ; pain medication after surgery. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to have a bowel cancer and a stroke at the same time?
- How safe is it to have breast reduction and a tummy tuck at the same time?
- Is it bad to have a protein shake a protein bar at the same time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it a problem to take clomid and letrozole at the same time?
- Is it possible to have a pregnancy after a partial oophorectomy on both ovaries?
- Is it required to shut down a mature av fistula for surgery on the same side?
- Is it safe for a pregnant woman to take folic acid tums at the same time?
- Talk to a urologist online for free