Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Get Polymyalgia Rheumatica At Age 35
Fairly common: Plymyalgia rheumatica is a fairly common rheumatic condition as compared to other rheumatic diseases. It occurs in 50 to 55 people per 100, 000. It is twice as common in women as compared to men. It is rare below the age of 50 and increases as age continues to go up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes, you can have some skin irritation or itchiness in your skin from pr. It is an autoimmune disease and this can often also cause release of some of the same inflammatory chemicals in your skin. If you have recently started taking any opioid pain medications, this could also cause mild to severe itchiness. If it continues to get worse, may need to see your physician. Hope this helps! ...Read more
Can polymyalgia rheumatica be so bad that one can not get out of bed some days and better as day goes on on is that more myositis?
PMR likely autoimm: So ANA is probably the most misinterpreted test by almost everyone: it is just a screen for autoimmunity, but not all autoimmunity. And a positive ANA does not mean disease. So, pmr is ANA negative, but still may represent an autoimmune condition. What the autoimmune target is remains unclear though. True, it is exclusively seen in older (>50-60 yo) people, and this remains unclear why also. ...Read more
Autoimmune: Polymyalgia rheumatica (pmr) is an autoimmune disease that occurs in people 50 years of age and older. It is associated with severe pain and stiffness in the shoulders and hips. Pmr can also lead to blindness due to inflammation in blood vessels of the eye. Pmr is treated with steroids and Aspirin to prevent blindness. Other medicines (antibiotics) are sometimes used to prevent steroid effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get pearly penile papules at the age of 18 or younger?
- Is it possible to get a herniated disk at a young age?
- Is it possible to get shingles at age 17?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to have blocked arteries at the age of 23?
- Is it normal to get tinnitus at age 16?
- Is it possible to get pregnant at 48?
- It is possible to get pregnant while taking krimson 35
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free