Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Get Irregular Periods Caused By Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Ibs is diagnosed after all organic causes are ruled out (eg, infection, inflammation). Gi docs use a clinical criteria called rome iii. Pts must have abdominal pain/discomfort associated with 2 or more of the following at least 25% of the time: 1. Symptoms improve w defecation, 2. Stool frequency changes, 3. Stool appearance changes. Constipation-type vs diarrhea-type are ...Read more
Not impossible: But there's no clear cause and effect, i'd consider other causes first. ...Read more
Is it true that Sjogren's Syndrome can cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome or other bowel disorder? My rheumy hv told me & I get Braxidin for this reason..
Not exactly...: Irritable bowel syndrome is persistent bowel distress in the ABSENCE of a known physiologic cause. If your Sjogren's is the cause of your GI symptoms then by definition it is NOT IBS. It is bowel symptoms due to Sjogren's. Certainly Sjogren's can make existing IBS worse. ...Read more
Yes: It can.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: But in the United States, it tends to be a disease of young females. ...Read more
Yes: Some factors may pedispose you to develope ibs. ...Read more
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get pregnant with irregular periods?
- Is it possible for marfan syndrome to be caused by alcoholism?
- Is it possible to get two periods in one month?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to cause a brain bleed by shaking my head too hard?
- Is it possible to get pregnant by being fingered?
- Is it possible to get carpal tunnel syndrome from playing lots of guitar hero?
- Is it possible for getting too excited to cause a brain bleed?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free