Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome From Playing Lots Of Guitar Hero
The carpal tunnel is formed by the bones, tissues, and ligaments of the wrist. This tunnel exists to protect the median nerve, which controls sensations and movement to the thumb and fingers (not including the little finger). Carpal tunnel syndrome is when the carpal tunnel is inflamed and swollen, which pinches the median nerve and results in feelings of numbness, decreased grip strength, and muscle ...Read more
Most who play piano : Do not get carpal tunnel. I think it is because most learn proper mechanics and technique. Centruries of piano players have helped refine what i needed to be successful. While one can develop carpal tunnel and be someone who plays piano , piano is likley not the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: As a fellow tennis player with carpal tunnel syndrome, i still play quite a bit. However, i would recommend precautions, such as taping/bandaging up the wrist and/or wearing a wrist brace for support. I actually do both, and this has helped me to continue playing tennis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Should not be a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Debatable: Most people who develop carpal tunnel syndrome are probably genetically predisposed to the condition, while others develop the condition in response to other underling conditions (pregnancy, diabetes, etc). Typing, playing musical instruments and other similar functional activities may not cause cts, rather aggravate it (make it worse). The debate is not over... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for carpal tunnel syndrome to mimic arthritis?
- Could you get carpal tunnel syndrome from masturbating
- Can you die from carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I type a lot can that cause carpal tunnel syndrome
- Is it possible for a seventeen year old to have carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Can you get carpal tunnel from writing?
- Can you get carpal tunnel from typing?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free