Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome From Playing Lots Of Guitar Hero
Entrapment of the median nerve at the wrist is how we describe carpal tunnel. There are 8 carpal bones, but the hamate and pisiform form the ulnar side. The trapezium and scaphoid for the radial side. Flex the 3rd digit and look at the palmar hand side. The long flexor's tendon will be visible, the median n is just to its thumb side. Wrist flexion or extension can irritate ...Read more
Most who play piano : Do not get carpal tunnel. I think it is because most learn proper mechanics and technique. Centruries of piano players have helped refine what i needed to be successful. While one can develop carpal tunnel and be someone who plays piano , piano is likley not the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: As a fellow tennis player with carpal tunnel syndrome, i still play quite a bit. However, i would recommend precautions, such as taping/bandaging up the wrist and/or wearing a wrist brace for support. I actually do both, and this has helped me to continue playing tennis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Should not be a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Debatable: Most people who develop carpal tunnel syndrome are probably genetically predisposed to the condition, while others develop the condition in response to other underling conditions (pregnancy, diabetes, etc). Typing, playing musical instruments and other similar functional activities may not cause cts, rather aggravate it (make it worse). The debate is not over... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for a seventeen year old to have carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Is it possible for carpal tunnel syndrome to mimic arthritis?
- Is it possible to get rid of runny nose and watery eyes fast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get rabies from fleas?
- Is it possible to get an std from oral that will show up the next day in mouth?
- Is it possible to get rabies from kissing someone who has rabies?
- Is it possible to get a bladder infection from doing kegel exercises?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free