Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Get A Lazy Eye When You Start Wearing Contacts
Rx May help: Lazy eye is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision. It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery. If the process has gone on too long, the brain ignores the fix & surgery is simply cosmetic. ...Read more
No: Not possible.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Boxing causes repeated trauma to the eye which usually withstands this due to a structure called the vitreous gel which holds things in place (mostly the retina). But sometimes this is not enough, the retina may detach, the vision drops and the eye drifts out of alignment - which is the term for a "lazy eye". If you must box, protect your eyes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can i start wearing my contacts again when i have had pink eye
- Can your eye color change when you start wearing glasses?
- Lazy eye contacts
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you put eye drops in while wearing contacts?
- Can you get a lazy eye fixed?
- Is it common to not see clearly when you first start wearing contact lenses?
- Do glasses or contacts help with a lazy eye?
- Talk to a pediatrician online