Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Get A Dry Socket After They Sewed The Extractions Sites Shut
Possible, but not as: Likely since the protective blood clot is covered with mucosa. If the sutures come loose & one chews or rinses too vigorously, the clot may be dislodged & food & bacteria can enter & infect the bone. Follow oral surgeon's advice for post-op care. Return if pain worsens. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dry Socket?: Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Usually patients become aware of a problem 2 to 4 days after the extraction. ...Read more
How long before I am safe from getting a dry socket? I got a molar extraction 3 days ago and im scared and paranoid i might get a dry socket
Usually 3-4 days: If you follow your doctors care instructions dry socket is rare. Lower third molar (wisdom teeth) extractions are the most common place for this condition to occur, super rare with any other extraction. Not smoking and not drinking alcohol while the area is healing also helps prevent dry socket. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it possible to get dry socket while on my period? 4 post op tooth extraction done Tuesday it is now Saturday
Average healing time is 7 days.: A dry socket usually revolves in a week as tissue fills in and covers the exposed bone however we often see dry sockets at 10-12 days. I personally had a dry socket for 2 weeks after a difficult wisdom tooth extraction in my early twenties. If you feel that you may have a dry socket, a visit to your surgeon or dentist is warranted. ...Read more
I have a red lump/spot on extraction site (extracted 5th aug) following a dry socket packing. What is it? Only had 1 packing
To many: To manny possibilities to make a site-unseen stab in the dark. Please call the Dentist or Specialist Oral Surgeon who did the extraction for a post-surgical reevaluation visit. ...Read more
I've lost the blood clot on my molar less than 24 hours after extraction. Will I now definitely get dry socket? The pain is only slightly worse now.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get a dry socket if the removed tooth never broke through?
- Is it possible to get dry socket twice on the same wisdom tooth?
- Can you get a dry socket after a week?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i drink alcohol after getting treated for dry socket
- Can you get dry socket after 2 weeks?
- Can i get a dry socket 6 days after my tooth was pulled?
- Home treatment for dry socket after tooth extraction
- Talk to a dentist online for free