Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Develop Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Later In Life
Ocd is characterized by the presence of obsessions/compulsions that are recognized as excessive/unreasonable and time consuming (> 1 hr/day). Obsessions are recurrent/persistent thoughts, impulses, or images. Compulsions are repetitive behaviors or mental acts that one feels driven to perform in response to an obsession. The compulsions are aimed at preventing or ...Read more
I WAS digonsted Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder AND I ALAWYS AFRAID IF I FOLLOW HEALTGY LIFE STYLE I WILL HAVE ANOERXIA NERVOUSA WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Perhaps: Many higher functioning individuals with autism or asperger's disorder seem to be more like than the general population to engage in obsessive behaviors. One big difference is that most enjoy what they are doing, while those who have just ocd tend to find their obsessions and compulsions alien and unpleasant acts they have to do even when they don't want to. ...Read more
OCD: Sure, especially if strong family history of ocd. ...Read more
Not A Pill In Sight: Obsessive-compulsive disorder responds very well to a specific behavioral treatment. Some patients even experience complete remission of their symptoms. Best to receive your treatment from a licensed psychotherapist who is familiar with ocd. Many good books about this treatment are available: "stop obsessing" by edna foa, and "brain lock" by jeffrey schwartz. Both can be found at local bookstores. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Know Your O's & C's: Ocd can boss u around & try 2 spook u. It can rob ur life of fun & joy & it can really take a toll on ur relationships. It causes some people great anguish & suffering. Make it ur mission to learn all about it -the various forms it takes & how exposure & response prevention (erp) treatment can help. Find trustworthy sources of info like ocfoundation.Org for self help try http://bit.Ly/12daeql. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I've been diagnosed with obsessive–compulsive disorder. When I was a child I isolated myself and I prefered to play alone. Possible asperger's?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it bad for you to crack your back can it cause back pain later in life?
- Is it possible to fall asleep in the bathtub and drown?
- Is it possible to strain a muscle in your testicle during rough sex?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone develop an allergy to latex later in life?
- Is it possible for hcg not to show in urine?
- Is it possible to pop a blood vessel in your eye while sleeping?
- Is it possible for young people in their 20s or 30s to get alzheimer's disease?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free