Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Change Eye Colors Without Contacts Or Corneal Surgery
Yes.: The advancement in corneal surgery with the use of laser assistance has become more precise as time moves on. Measurements are taken of your corneal curvature and thickness prior to laser assisted surgery that is directed to correcting both spherical (myopic or hyperopic) and astigmatic refractive errors that one may have. The most common laser assisted corneal surgery is lasik. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: I see this most commonly in keratoconus grafts where initial swelling causes graft flattening. As the swelling goes down the graft steepens and becomes more myopic. Of course any transplant can have a change in refractive error and astigmatism as it heals. I would not worry about rejection this early but if there is any pain or increase in redness or light sensitivity i would see your surgeon now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Surgery: One that does not involve the cornea. ...Read more
No: The best thing you can do if you have undergone a corneal transplant is use your eye drops as instructed and return for to your eye surgeon for regular follow ups as scheduled. Your doctor will also give you the warning signs that you should return for an earlier follow up. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many reasons: It depends on several things. What was the reason for the transplant; is the cornea healing correctly, is the cornea rejecting, or is the angle of the new cornea causing astigmatism that needs to be further corrected with glasses or contacts. It sometimes takes months to completely heal. You need to discuss this with the eye doctor that did the transplant. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get rid of hemorrhoids without surgery or can i only help the symptoms?
- Is it possible to cure lung cancer without surgery or chemo?
- Is it possible to prevent pregnancy without using condoms or pills?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get a lazy eye when you start wearing contacts?
- Is it possible to fix a hydrocele without surgery?
- Is it possible to fix my lazy eye when i already had surgery on it before?
- Is it possible to treat gynecomastia without surgery?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free