Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Be Pregnant With A Pituitary Tumor
Yes, but: It is possible, but it depends upon the type of tumor and whether it's done any damage to the normal pituitary. If your thyroid and adrenal function are normal, and your prolactin is normal (or treated w/cabergoline to normal), it depends whether there was any damage to hormone controlling menses and fertility. If periods are regular that's a good sign. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Yes: Pituitary tumors often disrupt hormones and make it difficult to get pregnant. During pregnancy the pituitary gland can enhance on brain scan and look like a tumor. A minor tumor that already is present may get activated during pregnancy. A thorough medical evaluation would be appropriate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trans-sphenoidal: If possible, the preferred method of pituitary tumor removal is transsphenoidal- through the nose or through the space just under the upper lip. After entering that area, you then enter the pituitary region through the sphenoid sinus and can remove the tumor from around the pituitary gland. ...Read more
"tumor" literally translates as "mass", so even a fresh bruise could be called a "tumor". Doctors use the term "neoplasm" (tranlates literally as new growth) to describe tumors that are abnormal growths of cells. These may be benign or malignant; "malignant" = cancer. In everyday usage, we use "tumor" ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible that an mri with contrast could miss a pituitary tumor?
- Is it uncommon for a pregnant woman to get pituitary tumors?
- Can you get pregnant if you have a pituitary tumor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone with a prolactin pituitary tumor still get pregnant?
- Can you get pregnant after having and treating a pituitary tumor?
- Pituitary tumor eye symptoms
- Pituitary tumor symptoms in women
- Talk to a oncologist online for free