Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Be Immune To Cold Sores
Of course: Cold sores are the result of reactivation of a previously experienced herpes oral infection. Known as a slow virus. Herpes gingivostomatitis is an exceedingly common childhood infection, like chicken pox. Immune system fights it off. But it lingers in tissues. Only a small percentage of people go on to get cold sores from its reactivation in later years. Like shingles and chicken pox. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If you're immune to cold sores, would it be possible to be immune to genital herpes as well? Seeing as both viruses interconnect?
Herpetic lesions: There is no real immunity to herpes. When you get herpes it lays dormant in the nerve ganglion (central nerve station) Due to stress/ immunocompromised state it recurs. Having herpes I does not protect you from herpes II,they are different, You can also spread herpes I so if you have a lesion on your lip and it touched and then your vaginal is touched it can spread there. f/u w/doc ...Read more
I do not recall getting cold sores on my face. Can having hsv1 on the genitals make me more or less immune to cold sores on my face from hsv1?
Is there a better why to get rid of cold sores? I try very hard to keep my immune system up and eat very healthy.
If you already have hsv1 and get cold sores, does that make you immune to contracting the virus again? Or can you still get it somewhere else?
I have 2 cold sores on my lip and im around my 3 month baby , I've had them all my life so is she immune cause i think i kissed her before they came on?
43-yr old female. Could increased acne, cold sores and uti's be connected? Immune system? Diet? I'm falling apart!
If you already have hsv1 (cold sores) are you immune to it? So you would not be able to get genital herpes from hsv1?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to be immune to hiv?
- Is it possible to be immune to chlamydia?
- Is it normal to have mouth ulcer outbreak after kissing guy with cold sores?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to be born with a third testicle?
- Is it possible to be allergic to strawberry leaves but not the strawberry itself?
- Is it possible to be pregnant even if you have not missed a period?
- Is it possible to be allergic to potatoes and french fries?
- Talk to a dermatologist online