Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Be Allergic To Stainless Steel Earrings
It depends: "stainless steel" is a carbon based metal. However, most "stainless steel" - even so called "surgical stainless" will contain other metals in trace amounts. If people are allergic to nickel or chromium, if their stainless steel has enough of those metals in it, they might have a reaction. ...Read more
Metal allergy: Ideally you should be fine, unless there is nickel in it, there are kits you can buy to test jewelry for nickel content. ...Read more
How do I get rid of black dermographism on my ear caused by cheap stainless steel earrings? Hydrogen peroxide didn't work
Tempus fugit: If it is a discoloration from superficial metal staining then the discoloration will fade as the skin sloughs and regenerates. If the staining is deeper and the metal got deposited in the sweat glands the discoloration may take a lot longer to resolve. ...Read more
Is my ear infection and what should I do? I had my 2 ear piercing done like a week ago and had to change the earing on the third day because it was getting a infection from stainless steel earring and i changed them to 14k gold but now it seems to be inf
Age is not an issue: Stainless steel is used commonly and safely for surgical implants. Titanium is relatively newer on the market in the manufacture of surgical implants and has properties that are more like bone than stainless. It is important for any surgery to notify your surgeon of any and all allergies to medications food and in particular when the case may involve an implant, metal allergies. ...Read more
Depends: Baby teeth are generally covered with simple steel crowns unless the parents are ready to spring for the higher cost cosmetic crowns.Preserving the baby teeth saves spacing & room in the gum line for the permanent teeth.After the permanent teeth erupt, the choice of any crown will depend or your wishes(& finances). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is stainless steel jewelry are people allergic to it?
- Is it possible to be allergic to strawberry leaves but not the strawberry itself?
- Is it possible to be allergic to potatoes and french fries?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to be allergic to air conditioning?
- Is it possible to be allergic to alcohol?
- Is it possible to be allergic to sunflower seeds?
- Is it possible to be allergic to a potato?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free