Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Be Allergic To Alcohol
Can you tell me can I be allergic to alcohol or to something in the alcohol it possible that i'm allergic to alcohol or just plain intolerant?
All is possible: but you haven't said what kind of reaction it is, so it may or may not be true "allergy" - an immune response to a foreign substance, usually a protein. There are many agents in alcoholic beverages besides the alcohol, including flavorings, colorings, and what remains of whatever was fermented to produce the alcohol. Allergies to any and all of these are possible. You need to describe reaction. ...Read more
Alcohol allergy: Alcohol can cause reactions. A hangover is really a toxic reaction. Some people have an enzyme deficiency which makes them prone to flushing of the skin especially face after drinking. Many people have nasal congestion after drinking beer or wine. Reactions to additives like sulfites can cause wheezing. True allergy to alcohol is very very rare but can cause anaphylaxis which can be severe. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to be allergic to the sun?
- Is it possible to not be allergic to poison ivy?
- Is it possible to be allergic to a potato?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to be allergic to air conditioning?
- Is it possible to be allergic to neosporin?
- Is it possible to be allergic to stainless steel earrings?
- Is it possible to be allergic to potatoes and french fries?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free