Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible That 14 Year Old Girls Can Develop Breast Cancer
The breast is both a male and female organ. However its main function is in the delivery of milk to the newborn. Breast cancer occurs 95% of the time in women and 5% of the time in men. It is treated the same regardless of which sex it appears in. It comes in two forms invasive and non-invasive; distinction is important as ...Read more
Extremely rare: ...But not impossible. The youngest person in the U.S. To be diagnosed was a 10 yr old girl. She presented with an itch of her breast and her mom noticed the lump. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hannah-317453-cancer-breast.html bottom line, get checked by your doctor if you are concerned! ...Read more
My fourteen year old daughter fears she might have breast cancer. My sister says she is too young to have it, is she correct?
Not likely: It is very,very rare to have breast cancer so young. I recommend you take her to a breast specialist or her pediatrician. The bigger concern is why is she having these ideas at this age: is there someone close to her that has breast cancer? Did she hear someone talking at school? It is important to find out or have your pediatrician speak with her. See my others posts on breast pain/fibrocystic ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is very uncommon.: Cancer risk factors include: being female, increasing age, genetics, family history of breast cancer, previous breast cancer, being caucasian, dense breast tissue, some previous benign breast conditions, never having given birth or 1st child after age 30, early menarche, late menopause, radiation (chest), exposure to diethylstilbestrol, hormone replacement after menopause, oral contraceptives, >>. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for a 14 year old girl to get breast cancer?
- Is it possible for a 16 year old to get lung cancer?
- Is it possible for 18 year olds to have stomach cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for a 25 year old female have kidney cancer?
- Is it true that young girls who eat chinese food can get vaginal cancer?
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- Is it safe for a 14 year old to drink protein shakes?
- Talk to a pediatrician online