Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For Young People In Their 20s Or 30s To Get Alzheimer's Disease
What would cause memory problems in young male(<20 yo) ? Can it be sleep apnea ? Alzheimer disease ? Thanking you.
Many reasons: Sleep apnea can cause memory problems, but you would have other symptoms. Do you have daytime fatigue? mood changes? do you snore? Are you normal weight? Do you lie flat on your back when you sleep? To have Alzheimer's THIS young, you would need a LONG family hx and/or have Down's syndrome. There are other simple vitamin/hormone deficiencies possible. See your doc for some bloodwork. Be well : ) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Depression often precedes the development of dementia in alzheimers disease. In early alzheimers it can be difficult to diagnose the dementia though the depression is easier to see. In later alzheimers, the symptoms of depression may be there but a depressive illness is much less common. Some patients with advanced alzheimers benefit from antidepressants though these medications do have risks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will you eventually get alzheimer's disease if you get old enough, even if you don't have any of the genes?
Unknown: There is no known answer to this question. We do know that there are people over the age of 100 who do not have alzheimers disease. We also know that there are people who have no clinical evidence of alzheimers at their death but who do have brain changes suggesting that they do have the illness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do cases of alzheimer's disease get better with medications and is there a relation between having alzheimer's and hypothyrodism ?
A young 29 years could be alzheimer's disease? He is long forgotten, just remember things from childhood.Forget things that i ask, the task of the day.
Is dementia/Alzheimer's a disease of modern times or always been around. I don't ever want to get it when I'm old anything I can do to lower risk?
Hopefully you won't: ....have anything to worry about by the time you get up to the typical age when people start having degenerative changes in their brains leading to AD. Hopefully, we will either have a vaccine, medication, or be able to do brain transplants to correct the problems! Yes, it's existed since the dawn of time though it was only named a century ago. Lots of things u can do now but none proven to work ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for an adult to get hand mouth and foot disease?
- Is it good for bodybuilders to get rid of excess water retention in their muscles?
- How common is it for people to see floaters and flashing lights in their eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for a person to get cured from lyme disease without medication?
- Is it possible for children to get arthritis from cracking their joints?
- Is it possible for a man to get pelvic inflammatory disease?
- How rare is colon cancer in 20s and why is it rare in young people if it is rare?
- Talk to a geriatrician online for free