Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For Someone To Have Leukemia And Not Anemia
Yes: Depending on the type of leukemia, this is possible. For example, chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a slowly prgressive disease and it may take a while before the marrow becomes significantly involved to the point of affecting the red blood cells. Also, in the early stages of leukemia, anemia may not be present. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Leukemia is a malignant hematologic neoplasm that originates in the bone marrow and represents a clonal proliferation of hematopoietic elements belonging to any of the myeloid, lymphoid, erythroid, and megakaryocytic lineages. Of note, other hematologic neoplasms like lymphoma or myeloma may demonstrate a leukemic phase without actually originating in the bone marrow ...Read more
Yes.: I would rephrase as can I have leukemia despite having a complete blood count (cbc)? Yes. Leuk- (WBC) -emia (blood) suggests that the white blood cells in the blood are present/elevated. Some leukemias have lymphoma counterparts cll/sll that are the same cells but present more predominantly in the lymph nodes. Some leukemias develop fast and a prior CBC may have been normal. ...Read more
3yr old was diagnosed with mild anemia, what could cause this? Could it be leukemia?:/ very worried, she has never been a big eater (23.5pounds)
Not at all: Pernicious anemia results from poor dietary uptake of vitamin b12, usually from a loss of certain cells in your stomach. These cells secrete intrinsic factor, necessary for absorption of vitamin b12. Treatment is B12 shots, potentially. Leukemia is cancer. Treatment is chemotherapy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of anemia
- Can you have leukemia and not anemia?
- Is is possible for someone to have both alpha thalassemia and beta thalassemia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get an std from someone who does not have an std?
- Is it possible for someone to have two different colored eyes naturally?
- Can you get sickle cell anemia by kissing or having sex with someone with it?
- Is anemia a sign of leukemia?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free