Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For Someone To Have Leukemia And Not Anemia
Yes: Depending on the type of leukemia, this is possible. For example, chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a slowly prgressive disease and it may take a while before the marrow becomes significantly involved to the point of affecting the red blood cells. Also, in the early stages of leukemia, anemia may not be present. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Leukemia is a malignant hematologic neoplasm that originates in the bone marrow and represents a clonal proliferation of hematopoietic elements belonging to any of the myeloid, lymphoid, erythroid, and megakaryocytic lineages. Of note, other hematologic neoplasms like lymphoma or myeloma may demonstrate a leukemic phase without actually originating in the bone marrow ...Read more
Yes.: I would rephrase as can I have leukemia despite having a complete blood count (cbc)? Yes. Leuk- (WBC) -emia (blood) suggests that the white blood cells in the blood are present/elevated. Some leukemias have lymphoma counterparts cll/sll that are the same cells but present more predominantly in the lymph nodes. Some leukemias develop fast and a prior CBC may have been normal. ...Read more
3yr old was diagnosed with mild anemia, what could cause this? Could it be leukemia?:/ very worried, she has never been a big eater (23.5pounds)
Low blood count is also known as Anemia. Anemia is a condition in which the body has a decreased amount of healthy red blood cells, which normally provide oxygen to body tissues. Common causes may include certain medications, chronic diseases such as cancer, a poor ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for me to live with a chiari malformation and not have surgery?
- Is it possible for a man to have hpv and not have any visible symptoms from it?
- Is it normal for my baby to breastfeed and not have a bowel movement for days?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to have a brain tumor and not have symptoms till late?
- Is it possible to be pregnant and not have hcg?
- Is it possible for someone to have two different colored eyes naturally?
- Is it possible to get an std from someone who does not have an std?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free