Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For Sepsis To Go Undetected
Infection in the blood is also known as Sepsis. Sepsis is a condition in which a person has a blood infection, usually caused by bacteria. The bacteria get into the bloodstream and are spread all over the body. The infection plus the immune system's response to it causes the symptoms of sepsis, which include fever, rapid heart rate, rapid breathing, high white ...Read more
I understand that sepsis can take hold very quickly. However, is it possible for there to be a "smouldering" sepsis that can take 2 or more weeks to develop to be immediately life-threatening?
Yes.: Explanation could be long but i will try to make it short. An infection could be under control temporarily and just "tug along" and take for example an abscess. When the body loses its ability to keep the infection in check along with antibiotics at times, then sepsis sets in and could only take a few hours and can become overwhelming. Development of antibiotic resistance can also be considered. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I read about you can develop sepsis from bitting nails, extremely worried now about that. What are the chances? Is it really possible?
You'd have : Bite your nails so significantly that you compromise the associated nailed to create a portal of entry for bacteria. This would be exceptionally rare but not impossible like a person getting sick from flesh eating bacteria after a paper cut. I'm not sure anyone can quote you reasonable statistics due to its rarity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How can I tell if a wound is infected or not? If it is infected, do I need to go to an ER? I am TERRIFIED of getting MRSA or Sepsis.
What are the signs of sepsis I have an abcess and its really painful red hot to the touch and the pains.Going up my leg?
Fever, low bp...: Sepsis requires immediate attention at a hospital. The symptoms can rapidly evolve from fever, hypotension, chills, increased heart rate, etc. The issue is the pain going up the leg, and it would be worthwhile to check into the local er at this point to make sure that there isn't a more serious underlying problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it necessary to go to er for a possible broken rib?
- Is it uncommon to have prostate cancer go undetected for several years?
- Is it possible to lose enough weight for a fatty liver to go back to normal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for a cancer to go away and then return on its own?
- Is it possible for herpes to go away?
- Is it possible for a contact lens to go around back of eyeball?
- Is it possible to go on a 500 calorie a day diet for a short time?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online