Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For Penile Implants To Break Under Hard Use
Yes: Penile implants consist of chambers placed in the penis to achieve an erection. An inflatable implant has tubing and a reserviour to store the fluid. If there is trauma to the pump, it can malfunction and become damaged. This will require another surgery to fix and replace the defective parts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Safe: Penile implants are generally safe with a low complication rate. The most common complications include infection, urethral injury, or bleeding. It can cause chronic pain but is much less common. For the right patient, it is a very viable option and with low morbidity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Somewhat natural: Penile implants are performed in order to have an adequate erection for sexual intercourse. There are 2 main types of implants, inflatable prostheses and malleable (rigid). The more natural implant is the inflatable prosthesis but it is definitely not undetectable. It is a plastic implant and can be felt within the penis during the flaccid state. These implants are not meant to be undetectable. ...Read more
Here are some...: Hi! xlishx, Sorry to hear of your suffering from ED, for which, as always, surgery with penile prosthesis is considered as the last resort of care after failed in conservative medical care. As to insurance coverage, it depends on its policy since, in reality, erection for intercourse is optional after essential living-on. So, ask. More? go to http://formefirst.com/eBlogList.html. ...Read more
Perhaps: Surgeons that perform implantation of penile prostheses vary regarding whether or not they will perform ancillary procedures. Discuss with your provider. ...Read more
Diminished Size: By the nature of how an implant works, there is expected to be a decrease in length, though not substantial. These implants are only used for creating a usable erection for patients unable to do so with medications or injections. Once you have an implant, you will forever require an implant. No more natural erections will occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to use more than one treatment for my eye infection?
- Is it harmful for you to use a laptop resting on your stomach?
- Is it possible for your head to hurt so bad you feel like you have to throw up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get pearly penile papules at the age of 18 or younger?
- Is it possible for a virgin to have pid?
- Is it possible for a 16 year old to get lung cancer?
- Is it possible to have your period for one day?
- Talk to a urologist online for free