Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For My Tubes To Come Undone
No, but it can fail.: A tubal sterization does not come "undone". However, nothing is 100%, and a tubal sterization can fail. The failure rate for tubal sterization varies depending on how it is performed, and may be as high as 2%. The majority of failures with tubal sterizations will result in an ectopic pregnancy - which can be life threatening. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Do you want to...: reverse the procedure, or are you concerned they will spontaneously heal? The latter is close to impossible, and the first depends on the exact procedure you had. If you are trying to get pregnant, best thing you can do for your OB is obtain the actual operative note so the OB will know what kind of procedure you had. Can also get imaging to assess status of tubes. Short answer: potentially. ...Read more
Not likely: See an OBGYN for an exam to reasure you or to assess the need for corrective action. It's not likely that the procedure would reverse itself. Best! ...Read more
Ive had my tubes banded for almost 6 yrs how hard is it to get them undone and what is the general cost??
Low percentages: The tubal ligation procedure is done, as you remember, to never get pregnant, and is often very hard to reverse, especially if the tubes were cut and then cauterized at each end. Ask the surgeon about pricing and whether certain insurances may pay some of the cost, but know going in, the reversal carries a low percentage of success. Best wishes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of hiatal hernia has come undone
- How do you know if a hiatal hernia repair has come undone?
- Do tubes come untied?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get pregnant with no fallopian tubes?
- Whats the symptoms when a woman tubes come alosse
- Is it possible to get pregnant naturally without fallopian tubes?
- Is it possible to get pregnant when tubes are tied?
- Once tubes are tied can they come undone