Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For Humans To Get Staph Infection From A Horse
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
MRSA: Many, but not all humans carry staph aureus in their nasopharynx and on their skin. All have the organism in their GI tract. You can become contaminated and colonized from the cat, but whether or not you become infected will depend upon multiple different factors. ...Read more
Doubtful: Have to worry about stool organisms.Get a more detailed answer ›
It's everywhere: There are hundreds of types of staph, and they are absolutely everywhere. All over your skin, mouth, rectum, walls, surfaces, air, everywhere. Staph is often infectious through some type of break in the skin. Be well. ...Read more
Yes: Disruption of the skin surface by a scratch, cut, abrasion, etc. Opens the underlying tissue to invasion by bacteria. Staph is just one of the possible germs that can cause an infection. Simple cleaning with soap & water and disinfecting the area should prevent a problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, with exceptions: Typically it is necessary to be treated with antibiotics if a staph infection occurs. However, exceptions include 1) a small abscess that can be easily and completely drained, and 2) an infection that is completely removed from the body such ad an amputation of an infected toe, with only healthy tissue remaining. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get a staph infection from a splinter?
- Is it possible to get a bladder infection from doing kegel exercises?
- Is it possible to get staph from a flu shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for a person to get cured from lyme disease without medication?
- Is it possible to get penile infection from someone who has a yeast infection?
- Is it possible for a staph infection to become resistant to antibiotics?
- Is it really common for women to get a yeast infection after taking azithromycin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online