Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For An Eye Infection To Cause Dementia In The Elderly
Eye infection is a medical condition characterized by symptoms such as redness, swelling, itchiness, and discharge. It can be caused by viral or bacterial infection, and often it is difficult to distinguish between the two. In general, bacterial infections are more likely to be in both eyes and be associated with pus like discharge and crusting of the ...Read more
Rarely: A very serious eye infection called endophthalmitis can cause severe pain and suffering in all patients; especially the elderly and especially if they only have 1 eye to see with. Any loss of the senses can cause decompensation in the elderly or suspectible patients. A regular mild eye infection would not cause dementia. Dementia is not an effect from an eye infection in general. Good luck... ...Read more
If I am on medication for an eye infection caused by a bug bite will having intercourse interfere with the medication's effectiveness or my healing?
No relatioship: Absolutely not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Urinary tract infection elderly dementia
- What causes hallucinations in an elderly dementia patient?
- What are the causes of aggression in elderly dementia patients?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Elderly with dementia
- Urinary tract infection causing dementia
- Is it possible to pass my eye infection onto my boyfriend?
- What are the possible causes and remedies for eye twiching?
- Talk to a pediatrician online