Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For A Person To Get Cured From Lyme Disease Without Medication
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Depends if you mean: Acute lyme, progressive lyme that has reached the central nervous system, or the oft talked about "chronic lyme". Acute lyme, it is recommended to get on antibiotics to prevent central lyme/encephalitis, where meds are necessary. You can live with chronic lyme without medication. ...Read more
Yes-it's complicated: Lyme is a complex illness. Lyme often causes liver inflammation (hepatitis) which can affect how the liver metabolizes medications ; herbs. Lyme also causes encephalopathy (brain dysfunction) related to infection, inflammation ; microbial toxins and an inflamed brain will likely react to medicines/herbs differently than a healthy brain. ...Read more
Bite of infected tic: Lime disease is spread by ticks that have acquired the germ in the past and it stays in their system. A tick bite from another of the same species without the ld germ will not do it. The tick must get on your body, settle in for a feeding & feed long enough to pass the germ to you (hours). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: There is no permanent immunity.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is lyme disease contagious from person to person?
- Can lyme disease spread from person to person?
- Can lyme disease be passed from person to person?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get lyme disease from a dog?
- Can you get lyme disease from fleas?
- Can you get lyme disease from a mosquito?
- Can you get lyme disease from mosquitoes?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free