Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For A Person Having A Heart Attack And Not Know It
Absolutely: One of the best known research studies to examine this issue was the framingham heart study. In the study, several thousand people were followed for 50 years. One quarter of all patients with heart attacks did not have symptoms that were recognized by the patient and were not admitted to the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anginal equivalent: Yes, it is absolutely possible for heart attack victims to have neck or jaw pain as their presenting symptoms. In fact, patients who a diabetic run a risk of having no symptoms at all. While chest pressure or pain is the most common symptom, anginal equivalent such as neck pain, extreme fatigue, nausea, vomiting, or shortness of breath may be symptoms as well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it possible for a person having a heart attack to have neck and jaw pain but no chest pain? I also have tmj
Yes: Neck and jaw pain without chest pain would be considered an "atypical" presentation but it does happen. Remember that a heart attack can (and does in 30-50% of cases) have no pain. Other symptoms that commonly accompany heart attacks are: breathlessness, cold-clammy sweat, nausea and sometimes vomiting. Recurring pain is not likely your heart since frequent recurrent heart attacks are unlikely. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it possible for a person with no heart disease have an attack that leads to a heart attack if they have multiple sclerosis?
Many ways: The pathologic features of acute myocardial infarction from acute coronary thrombosis is straight forward on autopsy, however, cardiac arrhythmias without coronary thrombosis can occur and be fatal. Cardiomyopathies, electrolyte disorders, tumors, arrythmogenic ventricular dysplasias, critical aortic stenosis, all can result in cardiac death. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for me to live with a chiari malformation and not have surgery?
- Can a person have a heart attack and an ekg not detect it?
- Is it possible for a man to have hpv and not have any visible symptoms from it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i have a heart attack and not know it?
- Could i have a heart attack and not know it
- Can u have a heart attack and not know it?
- How long can you have a heart attack and not know it?
- Talk to a cardiologist online