Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible For A Macular Degeneration Patient To Have An Eye Transplant
In medicine: a transfer from one body or body part to another of an organ (liver, heart, lung, kidney, pancreas bowel) or tissue (hand, face, hair). The immune system fights foreign invaders (like infections) so it will reject transplants from other people (allotransplants) because they look like infections. So transplants usually require drugs to ...Read more
My dad has age related macular degeneration and his sight is failing fast. Is a cornea transplant an option?
Eye diseases like macular degeneration, retinal detachment, and cataracts are all in older people, right?
With regards to macular degeneration what are the commons symptoms you commonly see in patients? Treatments?
Blurred vision: Common symptoms include blurred or distorted central vision. Many times, this is more noticeable when reading. For dry amd, treatment includes areds vitamins, smoking cessation, opitimizing vascular health. For wet amd, it is treated by intraocular injections, often times monthly. The injections 90-95% of the time stop the vision loss, 30-40% notice improvement in vision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do competer use increases risk of macular degeneration in high RX patient (-5.75)?. Doctor said there's thinning. Transitions lenses IT professional
Not to worry: Macular degeneration is an older folks disease to begin with so you don't have to think about it for 30 more years. Your myopia is not high but just more than the average and well below anything that could be a problem from the myopia alone. Did your doctor do an OCT to determine thinning -? In the absence of conditions like diabetes, this test is unnecessary at your age. ...Read more
Retinal breakdown: Scarring the in the maculae can occur in both the wet and dry forms of macular degeneration. Usually, it is problematic in the wet form when there is leakage of serum or blood from new blood vessels that cause inflammation and retinal scarring - here the prognosis is guarded. In advanced forms of dry macular degeneration there can be scarring as well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for a virgin to have pid?
- Is it possible for a 16 year old to have lung cancer?
- Is it normal for a woman to squirt while having an orgasm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for me to have a colonoscopy if i have an enlarged prostate?
- Is it possible for a 13 year old to already have endometriosis?
- After having a hysterectomy is it possible to still get an std
- Is it possible to have gastric bypass after having a nissen surgery for gerd?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free