Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Wear Regular Colored Contacts When You Have Astigmatism
If I want colored contacts. I have astigmatism, and the bc and dia is lower, will that effect my vision?
No: Base curve (bc) has to do with the steepness (or flatness) of the contact lens. Special soft contact lenses called toric contact lenses are required for clear vision in people with significant amounts of astigmatism. They are required to stay 'tighter' on the cornea and this can be accomplished by a steeper (lower) base curve and a smaller diameter (dia). Visial quality isn't affected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can i wear colored contacts or like theatrical contacts that have designs in them if i wear glasses?My glasses are for seeing far away.
Shortest possible : Colored no prescription contacts are often used for costumes or just to change eye color. They should be prescribed by an eye specialists and properly fitted to minimize risk of eye injury or infection. Wearing any contact for extended periods of time significantly increases risk of injury. Never buy colored contacts on line without a prescription, you may be risking your eyesight if you do. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to have sex when you have a uti?
- Is it safe to wear contact lenses when you have a subconjunctival hemorrhage?
- Is it okay for me to wear colored contact lenses if i have perfect vision?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to wear reading glasses even if you have perfect vision?
- Is it okay to wear contacts with subconjunctival hemorrhage?
- Is it okay to shave while you have a yeast infection?
- Is it safe to take redness relief eye drops when you have pink eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free