Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Wear Contacts With A Popped Blood Vessel In Eye
Sub conj nemorrhage: A broken blood vessel on the surface of your eye is totally harmless. It can be caused by a hard cough or sneeze, a hard bowel movement, or even just rubbing your eyes. It may occur more often in people who take blood thinners or Aspirin on a regular basis. There is no treatment necessary for this, but it may take up to two weeks to resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A blood vessel ruptured in my eye 1 month ago. My eyes are normal now unless I wear contacts. Then the blood vessel is irritated again. Is it serious?
Sub conj hemorrhage: A sub conjunctival hemorrhage is basically a bruise on the surface of the eye. It often takes 1-2 weeks for all of the blood to go away. There are no eye drops that can speed this up. Visine can be used but will not "get the red out" any faster. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood on the eye: Yes you can pop a small capilary on the surface of the eye.It will often look like a small paint brush painted a red streak.. It often comes with straining or trauma.. It can be frightening but innocent. It will resolve without drops and without visual damage. If it was from trauma then you must see the eyeMD/ophthalmologist.. ...Read more
What can cause a sudden eye blood vessel to pop? Never had this happen and now there is a red vessel on the side of my right eye.
Eye hemorrhage: An isolated sudden "popped" blood vessel on the white part of the eye, as long as it is not painful or associated with vision changes, is not usually a cause for concern. They usually clear within 2-3 weeks. It is reasonable to have this checked out by an eye doctor. Occasionally these hemorrhages can be related to a bleeding disorder or other problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it normal to almost faint when you put on your contacts with a broken blood vessel in your eye?
Possible vasovagal…: event where there is a sudden drop in your blood pressure and you can feel faint, lightheaded, and sweaty. This is a common phenomenon that can occur when the eyes are touched or manipulated. I think that the broken blood vessel is unrelated and will likely resolve just as a bruise in the skin will resolve. All the best! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- Is it okay to exercise while i have a busted blood vessel in eye?
- Is it possible to pop a blood vessel in your eye while sleeping?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Is it okay to have permanent visible blood vessels in the sclera of the eye?
- Is it safe to swim with popped eye blood vessel?
- Is it possible to you burst a blood vessel in your eye from power vomiting?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free