Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Watch A Film In 3 D If You Have An Eye Infection
Eye infection is a medical condition characterized by symptoms such as redness, swelling, itchiness, and discharge. It can be caused by viral or bacterial infection, and often it is difficult to distinguish between the two. In general, bacterial infections are more likely to be in both eyes and be associated with pus like discharge and crusting of the ...Read more
Yes: There is no contraindication.Get a more detailed answer ›
No!: Even if you do smoke and have been smoking for years and trying to quit, it is much better for your immune system if you refrain from smoking during an eye infection. Studies have shown that even the equivalent of 1-2 cigarettes a day reduces the immune response to infection and makes it harder to clear the infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What type of workout: Most eye infections are limited to the outside of the eye and in almost all cases, as long as you are being treated you can exercise. More importantly than whether you can exercise is the type and location of exercise. It is not a good idea to swim or share gym equipment if you have an infection, since you can transfer it to others. You should ask your eye doctor about your specific infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain, redness: The usual infection from contacts is due to overwear, and poor wearing habits. If your eyes start to hurt, get very red, have discharge and the vision changes, this is a strong possibility. Remove your lenses, see your ophthalmologist and adopt better wearing habits. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to have blood in your eyes if you have a black eye?
- Is it okay to smoke if you have an eye infection?
- Is it okay to swim in a chlorinated pool if you have blepharitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to shave while you have a yeast infection?
- Is it good to put milk in your eyes if you have red eye or pink eye?
- Is it okay to exercise while i have a busted blood vessel in eye?
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- Talk to a pediatrician online