Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Use Contact Lens Solution That Has Passed The Expiration Date
Burned my eye yest using contact lens solution that is only for a vertical case. Flushed out. Eye still red & bd irritated. How long til it is better?
Short term: The manufacturers of these products know that frequently users will use the solution in a way that it directly enters the eye (even though the directions oppose this). So they make these solutions weak enough that they will not damage the eyes and in a day or so, your eye should feel normal. ...Read more
Contact solution: If sterile bottles, yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Retrieve the lens and clean it thorougly and unless there was significant contamination in the spot of the sink where the lens fell. Otherwise you should do fine and can wear the lens after cleaning and rinsing. ...Read more
Focused cleaner: Most contact solutions are multi-purpose with both a cleaner and a moisturizer built in. This was done for convenience and not necessarily best for the eye. I would recommend using a hydrogen peroxide based cleaner (ie, clear care) to clean the contacts and then a saline solution to rinse them off. This will give the maximum cleaning for both bacteria and enzymes. ...Read more
Every time you wear: Refer to the youtube contact lens care video for proper handling and care for your contact lenses. Always use fresh contact lens solution every time you wear and clean/store your lenses. Never reuse your contact case solution once you've taken your contacts out to wear. Discard, and rinse your case and let air dry. When you are ready to take out your lenses, follow the video instruction. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to use buttermilk that has passed the expiration date?
- Solutions use contact lenses
- Is contact lens solution toxic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to use multipurpose contact lens solution to moisturize my eyes?
- Can you use contact lens disinfecting solution as eye drops?
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes?
- Expiration date vs beyond use date
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free