Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Swim With A Corneal Abrasion
See ophthalmologist: A corneal abrasion is the loss of the overlying skin on the cornea, the window that lets light into the front of the eye. They are usually quite painful. Your ophthalmologist should see this, and may use eyedrops, a therapeutic contact lense and sometimes patching. Healing is usually rapid in 1-2 days unless there is a problem. Try not to treat this yourself. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Topical medication: An abrasion is a break in the skin of the cornea. It is painful and frequently lowers the vision. If persistent, you should see your ophthalmologist. He may recommend topical antibiotics, bandage contact lenses, patching and topical lubricant eyedrops. Most abrasions heal quickly and will generally do better with expert care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Pain: Corneal abrasions are usually quite painful, although smaller ones can cause more of a foreign body sensation. In addition, the eye will usually become inflamed and red in the white part, and tear copiously. Sensitivity to light and blurred vision are often present as well. A prompt exam by an ophthalmologist is important to assess the injury, and prevent secindary problems like infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A scratched cornea: The cornea is the clear dome shaped tissue that is in the front of the eye. When you scratch the cornea, you have damaged the surface layer or epithelial cells. It will cause tearing, redness, light sensitivity and blurry vision until it heal. Healing times vary but in general range from 1-4 days. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Corneal abrasion: Depends on the size. The larger the abrasion, the longer it takes the corneal epithelial cells to grow across the abrasion surface and heal. For a small linear abrasion the healing can take place within 24 hours. For a very large abrasion ( several millimeters in diameter) it takes several days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to swim with a stye?
- Is it okay to wear contacts with a broken blood vessel in the eye?
- Is it okay to take amitriptyline with a low dose of tramadol for pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to wear contacts with a popped blood vessel in eye?
- Is it okay to smoke weed with a right bundle branch block?
- Is it okay for someone with a mitral valve prolapse to have children?
- Is it okay to get a gardasil vaccine while you are sick with common cold?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free