Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Sunbathe While Taking Synthroid
Are the brand name "synthroid" &levothyroxine equally effective? M taking synthroid. Can I switch 2 levothyroxine, looks like levothyroxine is cheaper
Levothyroxine is: cheaper since it's a generic, but the blood levels with Synthroid (thyroxine) are more consistent and reliable. It is a product with a "narrow therapeutic window" where generics can vary from batch to batch, company to company and prescription to prescription -- while the brand name product does not. If you can afford it, take the brand name drug. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it okay to skip my Synthroid (thyroxine) medication? I am waiting for a refill and it is taking a long time.
My son was given a full dose of synthroid-125 mcg today because of miscommunication. His normal dose is 62.5 mcg a day. Should he be seen?
Yes: Generic synthroid is called levothyroxine. Taking generic version is reasonable and will likely achivevsimilar results , however i would recommend that you inform your endocrinologist about such switch as you may need to have your thyroid levels checked soon (a few weeks) after making the switch to ensure your dosing is appropriate. I would also recommend that you adhere to one kind of preparation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: But thyroid is ideally taken in the morning an hour before eating anything. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to drink while taking antibiotics?
- Is it okay to take probiotics while taking antibiotics?
- Is it okay to drink alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you eat grapefruit while taking synthroid?
- Is generic synthroid okay to take?
- Is it okay to take loestrin fe while taking milk thistle?
- Not taking synthroid
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free