Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Smoke If You Have An Eye Infection
No!: Even if you do smoke and have been smoking for years and trying to quit, it is much better for your immune system if you refrain from smoking during an eye infection. Studies have shown that even the equivalent of 1-2 cigarettes a day reduces the immune response to infection and makes it harder to clear the infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Eye infection is a medical condition characterized by symptoms such as redness, swelling, itchiness, and discharge. It can be caused by viral or bacterial infection, and often it is difficult to distinguish between the two. In general, bacterial infections are more likely to be in both eyes and be associated with pus like discharge and crusting of the ...Read more
Yes: There is no contraindication.Get a more detailed answer ›
If you have an eye infection on one eye, does plucking out all the eyelashes in the infected eye reduce the infection?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to watch a film in 3d if you have an eye infection?
- Is it okay to masterbate if you have pink eye?
- Is it okay to shave while you have a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to smoke a cigarette when you are on oxygen?
- Is it okay to wax if you have psoriasis?
- Is it okay to smoke right after having your tonsils out?
- Is it okay for a baby with right eye infection to travel by plane?
- Talk to a pediatrician online