Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Masterbate If You Have Pink Eye
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) (Definition)
"Pink eye" refers to a viral infection of the conjunctiva. These infections are especially contagious among children. Newborns can be infected by bacteria in the birth canal. This condition is called ophthalmia neonatorum, and it must be treated immediately to preserve eyesight. "Pink eye" refers to a viral infection of the conjunctiva. These infections are especially contagious among children. Newborns can be infected by bacteria in the birth canal. This condition is called ophthalmia neonatorum, and it must be treated immediately to preserve eyesight. ...Read more
Location: Pink eye, with several causes, leads to redness of the eye itself (the conjunctival lining over the white of the eye). Usually some discomfort, discharge and light sensitivity. Styes are in the lids, cause focal swelling, sometimes much pain and tenderness, and rarely affect vision. ...Read more
49 days: The most common cause of pink eye is adenovirus. If you have this, studies have shown the virus can survive for up to 49 days on hard surfaces. People tend to still actively shed the virus for a few weeks after the symptoms have gone. Disinfect with lysol and wash your hands frequently during this period. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the thin mucous membrane that lines the front surface of the eyeball and the inside of the eyelids. As the inflammation increases, it causes the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva to dilate, thus leading to a redness of the eye. Depending on the cause of the conjunctitis there can also be itching, irritation, and discharge ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to have bloodshot eyes after pink eye?
- I have a pink eye is it okay to go back to work
- Is it okay to smoke if you have an eye infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to have blood in your eyes if you have a black eye?
- What to do if you have pink eye?
- If you have pink eye should you go to work
- Can you go swimming if you have pink eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free