Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Have A Lump Forming On My Hand After Reconstructive Surgery
What's that painless hard lump under skin where i had a surgery after cut in superficial vein on the back of my hand 2months ago, it appeared 3weeks po
Surgery to reconstruct pec major after tendon tear 5 CM 6 wks post op tingling and numbness in hand pain in pec shoulder arm forearm elbow point ?
Nerve irritation: Postoperative parasthesias( numbness, tingling, etc.) are not uncommon after your type of surgery. Nerves that provide sensation/ pain temperature and help to move muscles in your forearm and hand are fairly close by. Once the swelling from the surgery subsides these symptoms should diminish... If they don't consult w/ your orthopedic surgeon. Good Luck! ...Read more
Had surgery 2wks ago to remove ganglion from back of hand. Stitches were removed last week now have bump where cyst was. What is the bump from?
Several possibilitie: Could be several things: 1) inflammatory residual, which should go down in time, use ice pack or moist heat, whichever helps more), 2) Local infection, but redness and warmth would be characteristics. If that's the case antibiotics might be needed. 3) Problem with the surgery, less likely, but would necessitate follow up with the surgeon ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I cut my hand 2 years ago and didn't clean the wound well. Now its forming into a lump i believe its dry blood or hypertrophic scars. How do I get rid?
How long after reconstructive hand surgery should you wait until performing calisthenics such as pull-ups?
Palm skin is thick: The skin of the palm and of the bottom of the foot is quite thick. The outer layer, called the stratum corneum, is thickest in these areas. These layers are not even alive, and therefore after surgery don't "heal" the way we expect them to. They slough off like a blister and the skin underneath rises to takes its place. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends for how long: Depending on the location of your ganglion cyst, it's possible that some sensory nerve branches may have been stretched, causing a temporary numbness. It is not a common occurrence, but it could happen. It should be temporary. You should discuss this issue with your surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a lump on the joint between my middle finger and hand what is it
- Is it normal to have tingling in my hands after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Is it okay to have swelling in my fingers after carpal tunnel release surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my hand to swell after my rotator cuff surgery?
- Is it okay to have someone walk on my back to relieve my back pain?
- I have a lump on the back of my neck what is that and it itches
- Is there a way to get rid of a lump on my eyelid without surgery?
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free