Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Eat Tuna Every Day
It is good if I eat every day a vegetable salad with some cheese and baked ham or canned tuna/sardines?
For five months me and my friend are doing a vegetarian/fruit/fish diet only. We eat fish every day (salmon, shrimps,tuna). We now what we eat low mercury fish but can these fish cause cholesterol lvl to be high? Any side effects?
If i can't eat tuna for its mercury toxicity, what can I eat to have omega-3 since I have RA and taking methotrexte evry saturday & folic every sunday?
Every time I eat fish I get bad stomach pains and trapped wind. I get this with most fish but not with tuna and shell fish. Do I have a fish allergy?
Tuna - mercury: Big eye & ahi tuna should be avoided due to high mercury level. Yellow fin & white albacore tuna intake should be limited (no more than 3 – 6 oz servings per month). Skipjack & canned chunk light tuna have a lower amount of mercury (no more than 6 6-oz servings per month). ...Read more
How often can I eat tuna? I'm 6foot7inches and around 305 pounds. I've heard that too much is bad, so what should be the limit per week or day
Mercury accumulation: Is only problem. Your a big guy, three times a week cshouldn't be too much- ck with pcp or dietician. ...Read more
It depends: Since you can not be pregnant, that issue is moot. But to lower mercury intake - choose chunk light in water. Research says a 150 lb person can safely eat a whole can every 3 days. Here's a good link: http://www.Thesweetbeet.Com/tuna-mercury/ you should be okay doing what you do. Enjoy a healthy balanced diet and life style. ...Read more
What to do if i'm on a 21 day mission to just eat healthy! and i like to eat organic spring mix salad with canned starkist tuna! is that healthy?
Might not want to: eat tuna daily due to possible mercury content. ...Read more
* 5-oz. tuna 18.11: *5-oz. can tuna albacore 49.53 ugm of mercury *5- oz. tuna steak 97.49 ugm of mercury 3. Divide daily mercury intake by your weight in kg is dose ugm/kg *EPA—including pregnant women safe dose is .1 ugm/ kg/d. Or * CDC&P 0.3 mugm/ kg/d Multiply daily limit by 7 EPA .7; CDC 2.1. Divide weekly dose by daily dose for cans/wk 180 lb/2.2 82 kg guy EPA 3.2 cans CDC&P 9.5 * ...Read more
Mercury: This is general information (not specifically for pregnant women): big eye & ahi tuna should be avoided due to high mercury level. Yellow fin & white albacore tuna intake should be limited (no more than 3 – 6 oz servings per month). Skipjack & canned chunk light tuna have a lower amount of mercury (no more than 6 6-oz servings per month). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it good to eat honey every day?
- Is it healthy to eat avocados every day?
- Is it ok to eat avocado every day?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it healthy to eat bread every day?
- Is it okay to use a rowing machine every day?
- Is it ok for kids to eat eggs every day for breakfast?
- Is it healthy to masterbate every day?
- Is it okay to eat eggs every day when pregnant?