Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Burst A Sebaceous Cyst
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
I had a sebaceous cyst burst on my forearm. Liquid was excreted and now a open hole is left. How should I treat this? Should I see a doctor?
My sebaceous cyst on my scalp has burst and is infected but my antibiotics don't seem to help. I've lost the hair around it too. What can I do?
My infected sebaceous cyst burst last night. I'm on antibiotics. Should i worry about the burning pain? It's pretty intense.
Abscess: It sounds like the cyst became abscessed. Drainage is probably a good thing, but you may not be adequately draining. Warm compresses may help, and gentle pressure to get the infected material out. If that doesn't work, then you need to see your doctor, for possible surgical drainage. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
After sebaceous cyst partially removed by my dermatologist, is it okay to do hot compresses on it ?
Usually: Ask your dermatologist first.Get a more detailed answer ›
Deep trapped skin...: They are caused by skin surface cells trapped beneath the skin's surface, usually due to minor trauma. These cells continually shed, increasing the size of the cyst (more accurately an epithelial inclusion cyst.) removal is generally a minor surgical procedure, but requires total removal of the cyst wall to prevent recurrence of the cyst. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to get a hard cyst on the labia that eventually bursts?
- I have a sebaceous cyst on my groin is it ok to have oral
- Is it dangerous if a sebaceous cyst ruptures?
- Is it okay to wear contacts with a broken blood vessel in the eye?
- How long will it take for a small sebaceous cyst take to go away on its own?
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Is it okay to have sexual intercourse the night before a pap smear test?
- Is it okay to shave while you have a yeast infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online