Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay To Burst A Sebaceous Cyst
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
I have a vaginal sebaceous cyst that burst last night while I was asleep so I woke up, took a hot shower then let it drain. What do I do now?
I had a sebaceous cyst burst on my forearm. Liquid was excreted and now a open hole is left. How should I treat this? Should I see a doctor?
Seek Treatment: This is something a professional should see in person to evaluate and determine how to treat. ...Read more
Deep trapped skin...: They are caused by skin surface cells trapped beneath the skin's surface, usually due to minor trauma. These cells continually shed, increasing the size of the cyst (more accurately an epithelial inclusion cyst.) removal is generally a minor surgical procedure, but requires total removal of the cyst wall to prevent recurrence of the cyst. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Local Anesthesia: For patients undergoing sebeceous cyst removal we start with a local anesthetic cream, followed by a local anesthetic injection. This is very well tolerated. After surgery the majority of patients do not require any pain killers afterward, if they do tylenol is usually sufficient. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to get a hard cyst on the labia that eventually bursts?
- I have a sebaceous cyst on my groin is it ok to have oral
- Is it dangerous if a sebaceous cyst ruptures?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a small sebaceous cyst take to go away on its own?
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Is it okay to have sexual intercourse the night before a pap smear test?
- Is it okay to shave while you have a yeast infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online