Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay For My Girlfriend To Take Her Birth Control 3 Hours Late
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
I had sex noveember 6 had my november cycle but my december cycle have not came. Im two weeks late. I been cramping for three weeks but no cycke,I take birth control, could i be pregnant?
Not impossible: Pregnancy is not impossible on birth control, but if used properly, most methods make pregnancy very unlikely. Some types of birth control cause menstrual irregularity especially early-on. Specifically the "mini-pill," (progesterone only) and the depo provera shots will often make cycles less frequent. You may try asking again and specifying what type of birth control you take in the question. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If i take my birth control 2-3 hours late about once or twice a week does that compromise its effectiveness?
Should be ok: Generally, most birth control pills are at least that forgiving. The exception would be a minipill (usually Norethindrone 35mcg only). They are primarily used for postpartum breastfeeding women (and some who cannot have estrogen). Minipills are not at all forgiving. Some women will even have some spotting if they're a couple hours late. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How close to the same time each day do you need to take birth control (combination pill)? Is there a window of hours late that is regularly okay?
If I take 1 birth control pill 3 hours late, did I just mess up the whole month of birth control or can I resume the normal time the next night?
Birth control: You can resume the next night without a problem ...Read more
I just remembered to take my birth control and i'm 5 hours late taking it. Should i take it as soon as possible or take two tomorrow?
Take now: Taking it 5 (or 6) hours late is better than 24 hours late. This should not affect effectiveness. See http://www.Fitsugar.Com/what-do-when-you-miss-taking-birth-control-pill-18453590 for details. ...Read more
No: If you miss 24° then there is a problem, but five hours, no. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am 5 days late for my period is it too early to take a home pregnancy test
- Is it normal to have my period for more than 2 weeks while on birth control?
- Is it okay for me to take time off when my baby is two to four months old?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for breasts to swell when on birth control pills?
- Is it okay to take medication for a headache while fasting for blood tests?
- Is it okay for the skin on my hand to be peeling after having hand surgery?
- Is it safe to take paxil and oxycodone for pain control?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free