Doctor insights on:
Is It Okay For Me To Wear Colored Contact Lenses If I Have Perfect Vision
No problem: You probably wonder if such lenses will alter your color vision. The pigments in colored lenses are of very low density and will not alter color perception. The lenses otherwise are fit, and wear just like any other lenses and the risks are the same. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly reacting: It is possible that the lenses you bought online are old rather than fresh, or that they are preserved in a chemical like thimerisol to which you're having an allergic reaction. Also possible that the fit is wrong, or that your eyes are too dry to wear them. Contact an eye care professional and have them evaluate you and the lenses. ...Read more
I purchased colored contact lenses, for cosmetic purposes only. My vision is blurry, even after cleaning them and soaking them in solution.
No: It is not bad, but it will make the eyes look a bit muddy. ...Read more
I wear prescription colored contact lenses but sometimes i start blinking a lot during the day, why is that?
Dry eyes: You are blinking because your eyes are drying out. Put in some rewetting drops that are designed for use with contacts. ...Read more
Need fitting: Like for halloween perhaps? It is generally safe to use contact lenses but even if you only use them for one day you should have an eye exam and fitting for lenses. This is so an appropriate curvature can be selected, and to be sure you know how to insert and remove the lens. I have seen people develop a corneal ulcer with less than one day of use, so there is always some risk. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to wear only one contact lens if i have a lazy eye?
- Can i wear contact lenses with pink eye?
- Can i wear contact lenses with a stye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there contact lenses you can wear at night that correct your vision?
- Is it safe to wear reading glasses even if you have perfect vision?
- Is it safe to wear contact lenses when you have a subconjunctival hemorrhage?
- Does anyone else have problems with contact lens and double vision?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free