Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Take Vitamins On Or Past Their Exp Date
Buy new bottle: They are not harmful, and may be OK, but the stability of the components is not guaranteed and may vary with the storage circumstances. The best advice is to discard them and buy a new bottle. ...Read more
No: Expiration dates are on medications and vitamins for a reason. Vitamins can lose their effectiveness. ...Read more
in general: In general there is no contraindication, however it is not clear what type of vitamin or product we are discussing here. For specific evaluation of a certain brand, you should consult the prescribing dr, who can also consider this question in context of your health problems, other meds, and particulars of your case. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes but: Unless you have a vitamin deficiency I am uncertain they will change things musch.Since you may be styaing out of the sun you may be gettign a vitamin d insufficiency and this needs to be corrected. Ask your physician if you are low in vitamin d. I general vitamin can also be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
YES & wise to exceed: I advise everyone take a good multivit. Daily. It is surprisingly difficult to get optimal nutrition from our diet. We are all exposed to many environmental toxins & vitamins help to protect us. The rda is only for the average healthy person to prevent gross deficiencies & has nothing to do with optimal dosage. For example, the rda of vit d is 400 iu but we need at least 5000 iu/day. See comment:. ...Read more
Vitamin: A multiple like one a day won't hurt you taken one a day. ...Read more
Currently taking atenolol 25mg daily at 7pm every evening. Is it ok to take vitamins still like DHA or Omega 3 Fish Oil?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vitamins past expiration date
- Is it ok to take vitamins at bedtime?
- Is it ok to take expired vitamins?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to take prenatal vitamins if not pregnant?
- Are vitamins tylenol ok to take with diarrhea?
- Is it ok to take prenatal vitamins at night?
- Is it safe to take hydrocodone pills a few months past the expiration date?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free