Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Take Tums While Pregnant
Im 6weeks pregnant and I have terrible acid indigestion. Is it ok to take zantac, i'm using Tums but they aren't helping!?
Yes: Keep taking the tums for calcium. Zantac is pregnancy category b so considered relatively safe during pregnancy. If zantac helps, but not enough, you could try Prevacid 24-hr (otc) which is also category b. Safety for either in breast feeding is unknown. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Tums : Tums is a pregnancy category c medication which means that not enough research has been done to know how safe it is during pregnancy. The pros/cons of the medication need to be weighed for each individual situation. Call your doctor to discuss. They may be fine with you taking tums or may have other better suggestions if you are having problems with heartburn. ...Read more
Cat "C": Tums is category "c" for safety during pregnancy (per epoctrates.Com). The general recommendation is to only take it when the benefit outweighs the risk. Talk with your OB doc. However, tums is generally regarded as safe during pregnancy, see: http://goo.Gl/hmkhr. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been taking Tums for heartburn for the past week reached limit today what can I take instead? I have been taking these for just about a week. I am currently pregnant and just need something to hold me over till monday. I am worried because the acid
Hello. : Hello. Consider slightly flat gingerale or crystalized ginger. You can also make ginger tea by pouring boiling water over freshly sliced organic ginger and steeping for at least five minutes before sipping. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Tums is typically what i tell pregnant women with heartburn to start with, as it also gets you extra calcium, which is good in pregnancy unless you are at risk for kidney stones. If that doesn't help, many patients find relief with over the counter pepcid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to take aspirin while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take robitussin while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take mucinex dm while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take magnesium while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it ok to take hot baths while pregnant?
- While pregnant is it ok to take warm baths
- Is it ok to take xanax while pregnant?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online for free