Doctor insights on:
Paracetamol And Ibuprofen
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual ...Read more
If ibuprofen is a bit unsafe to take with sertraline, what other painkiller can I take? Will paracetamol be ok?
Sertraline interact: Sertraline (Zoloft) and ibuprofen interaction is bleeding. More of a concern for patient with kidney +/- liver issues +/- elderly. Otherwise infrequent ibuprofen in low doses staggered with sertraline will keep down risk to you. Stay below 2400mg/day of ibuprofen. Paracetmaol (Tylenol) is fine to take with sertraline. Stay below 3000mg/day of Tylenol. ...Read more
Yes: Paracetamol is tylenol. It works by different mechanisms than ibuprofen. Be sure however to keep daily dosage of tylenol to less than 4000mg - ideally less than 2000mg for extended use. I would suggest alternating them - thereby reducing the side effects of either. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: You certainly can. In doing so you reduce the risk of side effects of each medication as you are taking a smaller daily dose. ...Read more
I recently had some work done down under and they told me to take either paracetamol or ibuprofen but it hurts still. Help?
Yes: make sure do take too muchGet a more detailed answer ›
Probably.: Most people who are allergic to Ibuprofen or related medications can tolerate paracetamol (acetaminophen). However, not every body can. Being allergic to Ibuprofen makes it more likely that you are going to react to other anti-inflammatory medications of the NSAID group, but not necessarily to all. The most likely other medication you may react to would be naproxen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to take l dopa and lipitor within one hour?
- Is it ok to use an ear flushing syringe after debrox drops to unclog them?
- Is it ok to wash my vagina after each time i pee?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to take ibuprofen after drinking?
- Is it ok to take pepto bismol after drinking?
- Is it ok to take antibiotics while on an hcg diet?
- Is it ok to take adipex and neurontin together?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free