Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Take Mucinex Dm While Pregnant
Mucinex is the brand name for the generic drug guaifenesin. It is used as an expectorant agent (used to cut the thickness/viscosity of mucus secretions created by the sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and bronchi by actually increasing the amount of respiratory tract fluid). It is a very safe over-the-counter medication with ...Read more
Mucinex: Probably, but ask your OB first.Get a more detailed answer ›
My wife is 11 weeks pregnant. She has cold with cough. can she take mucinex DM and or saline spray? What about regular or extra strength Tylenol?
I have bronchitis and i want to know if it is ok to take promethazine w codein together with Mucinex dm?
Mucinex dm/nuquil to: It is not a good idea to take them together nyquil is only night time medicine for cold and cough, it helps you sleep at night as it contains sedating antihistamines, dextromethorphan, acetaminophaen and alcohol and mucinexdm cntains dextromethorphan and guafenacin there can be too much of dextromethorphan and if taken day time will be too sedating.So it is not a good idea in my opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unisom: If ok with your doctor, & on 'as needed' basis. ...Read more
Not recommended: usually not recommended together. if must 6 to 8 hrs apart if not drowsy ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take mucinex while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take tums while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take robitussin while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take magnesium while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- While pregnant is it ok to take warm baths
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online