Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Take Miralax Daily For Long Periods Of Time For Constipation
Depends: Miralax (polyethylege glycol) softens the stool by retaining water in the stool. Some patients with lifelong difficulty moving their bowels may need MiraLAX daily. It is important to make sure you stay well hydrated and eat balanced, nutritious meals. If unexplained constipation more than 2-3 wks, see your doctor and get it investigated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have slight constipation. I have been taking 60 mg of omeprazole daily for 3 weeks. How effective is Miralax? How long does it take to work?
Dulcolax + Miralax: You could take both if you needed to. However, i would recommend you not use both routinely unless a single agent is not doing the job for you. ...Read more
I have constipation (small volume/infrequent) from taking saphris. I take miralax daily (per dr.) but it doesn't work as well as i hoped. Water is at 2l/day and eating fiber. What else can I do?
My 7 year old has CF, with chronic constipation. She is on miralax Sunday - Thursday and milk of mag or exlax Friday and Saturday. I have a had time getting her to take the milk of mag and exlax. I have been given her miralax every morning and a stool sof
Is miralax safe for long term use? I have chronic constipation and doc wants me to take miralax everyday. I also have chronically low potassium
Yes per your Doctor: Miralax increases the amount of water in your stool , making bowel movements easier/frequent.Use only as prescribe by your doctor.Max 34g/day. Pour the powder into the cap up to the marked line (the dose is about 1 heaping tablespoon (17gm) dissolve in 4-8 ounces water/ juice/coffee/tea/soda and drink. Common side effects gas, nausea. Report breathing problems/diarrhea/severe bloating/stomach pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
On alinia for diverticulitis. Was constipated. Dr put on miralax daily for 2 wks. It is causing loose stools. Should I take half dose of mirilax?
I feel constipated but my stool is soft,but I am still unable to have a good bowel movement. It's been 4 wks. I take miralax daily. What else can I do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it bad to take immodium everyday for long periods of time?
- Is it safe to take 100mg of docusate sodium daily for chronic constipation?
- Is it safe to take prevacid for a long period of time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My left knee hurts when i walk or sit for long periods of time what is it
- Is it ok to take a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil for overall health?
- Is it ok to take miralax for 3 months?
- Is it good to take ecosprin av 75 for a long time?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online