Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Pump Milk In Advance
Yes: Guidelines suggest about a week. Refer to: http://www.Medelabreastfeedingus.Com/tips-and-solutions/11/breastmilk-collection-and-storage --for more information. ...Read more
My 2 month old eat 4oz of pumped breast milk every 3 hours and sometimes still wants to eat more. Sometimes she will eat an oz of formula & be ok?
Breastmilk v formula: Breastmilk is definitely healthiest, but if baby seems hungry all the time, are you getting enough nutrition in, to pass along to her? Your milk may be thin if you're not eating enough yourself, or if you're very stressed & exhausted as new moms can be! it's okay to supplement with some formula for her satiety, but also make sure you're doing enough to take care of you so you can take care of her. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im breast feeding my 6 months old but having a hard time pumping enough extra milk to make up her cereal. Is it ok to use water or another alternative?
Pump often.: For long term storage, using a stand free freezer is helpful. Pumping for 15-20 minutes after each breastfeeding is the best way to encourage more milk production. It can be tiring and tedious to pump so often but milk stored in a stand free freezer can be used for 6 months afterwards. Drinking an herbal tea with fenugreek also increases milk production. There is a tea called mother milk. ...Read more
Ice packs: Apply ice packs to your breasts for 10-20 minutes at a time several times a day. ...Read more
Keep stimulating: Bodies and breasts need to be told to make milk. The two strongest signals are direct nipple and breast stimulation and infant crying. Two things that happen a lot with breastfeeding babies. So for pumpers who arent direct feeding, the stimulation is difficult. The pump is more vacuum than stimulant. Try direct stimulation with hands, shower, etc. Pump around feeds when baby is crying a lot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok for a 2 month old to get oatmeal cereal in a bottle?
- Is it ok to warm milk to help baby sleep?
- Is it ok to bring cut flowers in the house if pollen might be a problem?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- We just a hot tub is it ok for a nine month old to go in temp is set at 99
- Is it ok for my husband to taste my breast milk?
- Is there folic acid in vitamin b complex is it ok to take that in pregnancy?
- Is it ok to drink coffee in the third trimester?
- Is it good to put milk in your eyes if you have red eye or pink eye?