Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Eat Tuna While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Raw fish?: A pregnant woman "can" eat sushi, but it is safer to eat other foods instead of sushi. One reason is the mercury in fish. A person who eats more than 2 servings of fish a week may be taking in too much mercury. A second reason is that sushi often has uncooked seafood in it. Uncooked seafood can contain live viruses, bacteria, and parasites; but cooking the food usually kills those things. ...Read more
Is it ok to eat canned tuna while pregnant? How much seafood is ok during pregnancy i dont eat beef or pork?
"Seafood" diet: Thankfully, you are on a seafood food and not "see any food" diet. Fish is an excellent source of protein during pregnancy including tuna, with one major exception. Fresh fish caught in mercury poisoned and infested lakes is off limits to pregnant mothers and generally the rest of the population as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to eat turkey while pregnant?
- Is it ok to eat honey while pregnant?
- Is salami ok to eat while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to eat vinegar while pregnant?
- Is kielbasa ok to eat while pregnant?
- Can you eat albacore tuna while pregnant?
- What fish are ok to eat while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online