Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Do Yoga In The First Trimester
Is it ok to give into cravings in the first trimester? I feel so big and haven't had energy to workout.
Yes: Simply - yes. There are no contraindications. You are going to be concerned with issues regarding whether modalities penetrate the pelvis and influence the developing fetus. Or whether somethic can make some systemic change (like a drug does, or perhaps the way a hormone influences change). Massage is topical, like an ice pack or a heating pad. ...Read more
Sushi & pregnanc: Sushi should be avoided during pregnancy for two reasons. (1) risk of bacterial infection complicating the pregnancy. (2) risk of exposure to mercury complicating the pregnancy. Certainly not worth the risk during pregnancy. Cooked sushi or vegetable-only sushi should be fine, but then we'd worry about the person making the sushi having washed his hands after handling raw fish. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Very accurate: Ultrasounds tend to get more inaccurate as your pregnancy progresses. First trimester ultrasounds are more accurate than second trimester ultrasounds, which are in turn more accurate than third trimester ultrasounds. First trimester ultrasounds can reliably predict gestational age within 5-7 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to do yoga in the first trimester?
- Is it ok to sleep on stomach during first trimester?
- Is it safe to do yoga in the third trimester?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Things not to do in first trimester of pregnancy
- What to do in the first trimester of pregnancy?
- Do women fart a lot during first trimester?
- Is it safe to do abdominal exercises during the first trimester?
- Talk to a perinatologist online for free