Doctor insights on:
Is It Ok To Breastfeed If I Have Food Poisoning
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Breastfeeding wife of 3 week old has food poisoning (diarrhea, some vomiting). Pediatrician said ok to breast feed. What can wife take?
Breastfeeding: Your wife should be staying hydrated most importantly. Drinking plenty of fluids/Gatorade is important. Don't take any Immodium, you want whatever is in you out of you, and not trap the organism in you. Bigger question is this a stomach bug or actual food poisoning, which if latter then what kind of food poisoning bc that will dictate if you need treatment or not. ...Read more
Hi could I have food poisoning I've been on toilet for two hours Everytime I think I'm ok I'm back on?
Possible: This could be 1 explanation for what is happening. The important management is fluid control with extra fluids to replace losses. If there is blood in your stool or if you have increasing pain or if you cannot keep up with your fluids; be seen and have your stool analyzed including a culture. All the best. ...Read more
Depends: Staph: lasts 1-3 days. Viral gastroenteritis can last a week. Anything longer needs evaluation. See doc if fever, bleeding, severe symptoms, i.e. Can't keep anything down or in, other health issues, e.g. Diabetes, chronic illnesses, elderly, very young, rash, joint pains, recent travel, antibiotics in past 2-3 months, etc to make sure of the diagnosis, and get appropriate rx, avoid dehydratio, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: There are many different causes of food poisoning, e.g., chemicals, bacterial toxins, live micro-organism and each has different clinical picture. Most cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. See this site for more info. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/food-poisoning. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to use splenda if i have renal failure and diabetes?
- Is it ok to walk if i have a talus fracture?
- If i have nephrotic syndrome is it ok to take azo for interstitial cystitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i have a high risk pregnancy is it ok to walk thirty minutes a day
- Is it ok to get pregnant if i have longstanding colitis?
- Is it ok to smoke weed if i have chicken pox?
- Is it ok to have caffeine if i am breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online