Doctor insights on:
Is It Odd To Develop A Stutter As A Teenager When You Never Had One Before
What happens in a speech therapy for stammerers?And can one speech therapist work on differnt handicaps like dumb and deaf peaple along with stutteres
Is there anything odd or developmentally problematic with a teenager using a pacifier instead of drugs or alcohol as coping with problem?
How can one tell if a teenager really has depression or is pretending to (to get out of chores, schoolwork etc?
Innocent till proven: Depression in children and adolescent is more prevalent than we think.It is not safe so assume that your child is faking it to get out of an unpleasant or unwanted chore.Seek help from a mental health provider and/or your md, get a proper assessment.There is a good chance that a problem is present. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How does one tell if a teenager really has depression or is pretending to (to get out of chores, schoolwork, etc)?
Teen depression: Depression in teenagers may look like a bad child instead of a sad child. Teens may begin smoking, drinking alcohol or using drugs. They may stop doing homework and academics may take a nose dive. Arguments with parents and siblings may increase. They may be irritable. A previously compliant teen may now become a defiant one. Con't. ...Read more
It depends: Usually we see growing pains in the heels or top of the shin. I would see your pediatrician or family physician for further evaluation. ...Read more
What is the first line antidepressant agent one would start for a teenager? No history of suicidality. Thank you.
I am not aware: Not that I am aware of, as long as there are no damage to the growth plates . Be sure to stretch properly prior to any activities as such. Also be sure you're in a safe area to avoid secondary injury. ...Read more
Last month i had two periods in a row, the first one was light then there was a pause, the second one was heavier. im a teenager so it due to hormones?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is is possible to get hypoglycemia in pregnancy when you never had it before?
- Is it normal to vomit when you have a urinary tract infection?
- Is it normal to have prostate fluid come out when you have a bowel movement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- Is it bad to have a spinning sensation before you fall asleep?
- Is it safe to wear contact lenses when you have a subconjunctival hemorrhage?
- Is it normal to feel pelvic spasms before you have a bowel movement?
- Talk to a pediatrician online