Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Von Willebrand
Homozygous vWD: Pts with type 3 VWD have loss or mutations of both vwf genes, and produce almost no vwf protein. Clinically they behave like severe hemophilia a patients as their factor viii levels are very low as well, since vwf also carries factor viii in the blood. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Von Willebrand ....: Factor . Vwf is a glycoprotein important for primary hemostasis. It cross links collagen at a site of injury with gpib on platelets. Deficiency leads to failure of primary hemostasis (ie, bleeding). Vwf also protects fviii from degradation. Fviii also promotes clotting. So, vwf deficiency also causes secondary fviii dysfunction. Vwf def has many variants. Severity is variable. Most have type i. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bleeding disorder: This is relatively common hereditary bleeding disorder,the bleeding episodes can be corrected transiently by infusion of fresh or fresh-frozen plasma or cryoprecipitate. ...Read more
A bleeding problem: Platelets stop bleeding by patching holes in blood vessels. von Willebrand factor is the glue that sticks platelets to those holes. If von Willebrand factor is low, or if the structure of VWF is abnormal, it doesn't stick platelets to the sites of bleeding. Most people have nosebleeds, gum bleeding, or bleeding after tooth extraction. There are 4 types of VW disease with different symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Not unless you're bleeding to death.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to von willebrand?
- Is it normal to have mouth ulcer outbreak after oral sex?
- Is it normal to bleed for 4 days after a pap smear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Frequent bowel movements before a period
- Is it normal for my vagina to burn after my boyfriend ejaculates in me?
- Is it normal to hurt after losing your virginity?
- Is it normal to have your period twice in one month?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free