Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Oxyuriasis
Pinworms=hand wash: For 'oxyuriasis' or pinworms is also called enterobiasis(caused by enterobius vermicularis). Treatment is a simple pill regimen written by a physician. Prevention includes: washing hands after using the bathroom and before preparing food. Wash bedding and underclothing frequently, especially those of any affected family members. ...Read more
I have a bad pinworm infection and the tablet I took doesn't seem to work so is there an alternative?
??doesn't work??: Pinworms are often treated with a worm toxin & it is often given in two doses a week apart to increase effectiveness. The symptoms of anal itching can outlast the death of the worm. As the worm lays eggs in your anal crack, the glue that holds them in place sets up a reaction that causes itching. You can have irritant rxn left after the worms are gone.Cortizone or coco butter can sometimes help. ...Read more
Anal itching: Itching in the anal area.Get a more detailed answer ›
Pinworms: There is a test called a tape test. Basically scotch tape- like paper is applied to the rectum in middle of night and sent to a lab to examine. This will confirm the infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have mouth ulcer outbreak after oral sex?
- Is it normal to bleed for 4 days after a pap smear?
- Is it normal to poop right after you eat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my vagina to burn after my boyfriend ejaculates in me?
- Is it normal to hurt after losing your virginity?
- Is it normal to have your period twice in one month?
- After having a shot is it normal to have a knot under the injection site
- Talk to a pediatrician online