Doctor insights on:
Is It Normal To Not Want To Have Sex After Giving Birth
It is: Part of the postpartum changes you go through is a rapid change in hormones. The estrogen and Progesterone that were surging through your pregnancy suddenly drop down to normal or even low levels. So it is pretty normal to not be interested in sex. Plus your body has gone through a pretty big trauma and you need time to recover. ...Read more
Couples often worry about having sex during pregnancy. They may be afraid that having sex could cause a miscarriage or harm the baby. It is best to talk to your doctor or nurse midwife about your specific situation to make sure you are considered at low risk for complications such a ...Read more
Eventually...: It's not recommended to have intercourse soon after birth because it increases the chances of getting an infection in the uterus and is frequently painful. Most docs recommend a 4-6 week vacation even if you've had a c/section. If you had an episiotomy or laceration repair, you can tear out your stitches and have a difficult time healing. It's best to consult with your Ob about your specific case. ...Read more
DYSPAREUNIA: Enough has happened since you gave birth. Although not rare, 5 mos seems like a long time. Please discuss with your gyn. ...Read more
OK: Some say 6 weeks, some say 4 weeks, others may have a different recommendation. I have always recommended 4 weeks pelvic rest after a delivery, vaginal or cesarean - I have not had any patients have a problem because or resuming relations at four weeks. I think you would be ok, but if your doctor has said 6 weeks, youshould listen to him/her first. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends: I assume you at least had a small tear - no damage would likely be done. On the other hand, if you had a more severe cut or tear it could re-open a bit. If you are in pain see your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When is a normal time to start having sex again after giving birth
- Is it normal to have headaches after giving birth?
- Is it normal to have swollen feet after giving birth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to bleed after sex three months after giving birth?
- How soon can you have sex after giving birth?
- Is it normal to have pressure in the vaginal area five months after giving birth?
- Is it okay to have sex 4 wks after giving birth or is it a must to wait 6 wks?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online